FAQ: Sheriff's Office PDF Print E-mail

How do I obtain a concealed weapon permit?
You must be a resident of Washington County, and an application must be filed in the Washington County Circuit Court Clerk's Office. The Sheriff's Office will conduct a background investigation on each applicant. You must also provide written documentation that you have been trained in the handling of handguns.

How do I request radar or extra traffic enforcement for a particular road?
Call the Sheriff's Office at 276-676-6006 and give detailed information concerning the section of road you are requesting rador or traffic enforcement.

I need to be fingerprinted for Employment, adoption, etc. Where do I go?
You can come to the Washington County Public Safety Building at 20281 Rustic Lane Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm.  You must bring a photo ID. There is a $10 charge for fingerprinting.  We accept cash only.

I had property stolen or damaged and I need a report for my insurance company. How do I obtain a report?
Call 276-676-6000 between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm and ask to speak to the Offense Report File Clerk. She will send a copy of the report either to you or your insurance company.

How do I file a complaint against personnel?
Call the Sheriff's Office at 276-676-6000 or come by the Sheriff's Office and obtain a 'Report of Complaint Against Police Personnel', fill it out and return it to any member of the Sheriff's Office; OR write your complaint and mail it to the Sheriff.

Return to Top